Friday, July 25, 2014

Update to Landlord Retaliation by Duran Rentals

For those of you who read my blog, you know some of the illegal HELL I have endured by Duran Rentals, whom I rented from for the past 11 years.

Well, here is an update:  I got the documentation back today from them on the damages my family and I supposedly caused in the property and the property manager, in her documentation to me, actually accused me of "locking my cat up in the house".  Here is what she said, in quotes, from the email she sent me"  "This is the worst case of animal urine and feces damage I have ever witnessed to a home caused by pet owner negligence from locking their animals inside a dwelling for 11 years and allowing the animal (cat) to urinate and crap all over the floor thoroughout the home.".  I have two things to say in my defense here:  I had to put my cat down in 2013 due to him having gotten liver disease (which they have documentation of).  Furthermore, when an animal or a person gets sick with certain diseases, they lose control of their faculties, which is exactly what happened to my cat, that is why I put him down.  However, he did NOT urinate and drop feces throughout the whole house, like they say.  It is just a bunch of LIES!!!

Secondly, I find it irnoic how they say I owe them money from the $1200 security deposit my family and I paid when we moved in considering I landscapped the backyard, spending over $400 from my own pocket, which they give me NO credit for.  I also find it ironic how they fail to recognize the fact I built an outdoor litter box for my cat in the backyard.

These people don't know the housing laws, don't recognize tenant rights under state and federal laws and victimize people like me who do stand up for their rights.  Case in point:  the tenant who lives at 123 A Madden, the house in front of the one my family and I lived in, was without her washer and dryer after the December 2012 floods.  She did not email the City Manager and the landlord as I did, and is NOT being treated ill as I am.

Again, I say KNOW YOUR RIGHTS under ANY and ALL circumstances, but especially when it comes to dealing with slumlords!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment