Sunday, July 4, 2010

What if I refuse, but the police search me anyway?

You can refuse to be searched. If the police search you anyway, don't panic, know your rights, instead. If you refuse to be searched, tell your attorney. Beware though, if you have a public defender as they work for the state just as the cops & the judge do. I had proof that I was threatened & coerced under duress, but my attorneys didn't care because they work for the state. I even had a typed statement ready for court at my sentencing hearing and my public defender suggested I keep quiet. I now know he didn't want me to talk because his contract for the next year with the court may not have been renewed! However, if your attorney(s) don't really fight for you, that's when you talk to the judge in open court yourself and state the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment